Easy access to cash at ATM locations everywhere. Purchases immediately deducted from your checking account. Use anywhere Visa® is accepted - online, in person or through telephone purchases.
*Overdraft and additional fees may apply.
Order your card today.
If you have questions, please call or come by your local NBC office or call 1-800-590-2580 and we'll be happy to help.
Learn More About CardValet®
As an added bonus, with your new debit card, NBC Oklahoma is offering a handy mobile application for Android and Apple devices to help you define when, where and how your card is used.
It's called CardValet® (by Fiserv®) and available for download to your Android or Apple mobile devices.
APPLE APP STORE® GOOGLE PLAY STORE®
With CardValet®, you can:
- Quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity.
- Turn off a lost or stolen card and turn it back on to start using it again.
- Set spending limits and decline transactions when they exceed your defined thresholds.
- Restrict transactions based on locations using your phone’s GPS.
- Set up alerts to keep you informed of certain types of card transactions.
- Get real-time balance inquiries or locate an ATM.
After you have downloaded the app, use it to register all cards issued by NBC Oklahoma. Once setup is complete, you can begin customizing usage settings and alert preferences for your cards.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chip Cards
- What are chip cards?
Officially, they're known as EMV cards. (EMV stands for Europay MasterCard Visa and is a global standard.) They're more commonly referred to as chip cards since they include an embedded microchip that generates a unique transaction code every time it is used. The computer chip on your new card will look like a small metallic square.
- How do they keep my credit data more secure than the magnetic strip I've been using?
Your data is secured with both hardware and software security measures, making the cards extremely difficult to counterfeit. The new card will generate a new transaction code every time you use it, so the number used in one purchase can't be duplicated for another.
- Are there different kinds of EMV cards?
There are several types of these cards, and which one you receive depends on the card issuer — 1) chip-and-pin cards, which require a pin number for the transaction; 2) chip-and-signature cards, which require your signature; or 3) chip-and-choice cards, which allow either a pin or a signature, depending on the card reader of the vendor. NBC Oklahoma's new Visa debit card will give you both options (No. 3), but the retailer will direct you whether to sign the transaction or enter a pin.
- When do I use my chip card?
Not every retailer has installed chip-enabled card readers. They'll prompt you whether to use the chip or the magnetic strip. Your new NBC Oklahoma debit card will still have a magnetic strip so that you can still use it at retailers that haven't yet converted their system.
- How do I use my chip card?
Place your card into the slot reader and leave it in, follow the instruction prompts, and then remove your card after the transaction is completed. The transaction will take slightly longer than you're currently used to because you have to leave your card in the reader until the transaction is complete.
- How are merchants where I use the card affected?
They have to invest in new machines that can read these cards, or the liability stemming from any fraudulent transactions shifts to them.
- Will the card hold any additional data?
The card will not track your location or your purchase history. It will only contain the data that your debit card currently has plus the additional account security.
**The security of your account is important to us. We use a fraud detection service called EnFact to monitor for fraudulent transactions. If you receive an automated call because of suspicious debit card activity on your new card, you will only need to provide your ZIP code to confirm or deny pending charges.
Watch this space for upcoming news and updates about new NBC credit cards, with better rewards and benefits.
Give the gift of choice with an NBC Oklahoma MasterCard Gift Card. Perfect for any occasion, the NBC Oklahoma MasterCard Gift Card offers several different designs to choose from and the ability to load any amount ranging from $10 to $1,000.
Accepted at millions of locations nationwide, anywhere debit MasterCard is accepted.
$3.25 purchase fee per gift card.
Instantly issued no need to wait to receive your card in the mail!
- Gift cards are available only to NBC Oklahoma customers. Monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 after 12 consecutive months of inactivity. Lost/stolen replacement card fee of $5. Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank®, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Gift Card FAQs
- Where can I use my NBC Oklahoma MasterCard® Gift Card?
You can use your gift card anywhere MasterCard is accepted, including online and telephone purchases once your card has been registered. You cannot use your gift card at ATMs.
- How do I use my card?
At point of sale purchases, use your gift card as a signature based transaction by selecting the “credit” option. If you select the “debit” option the terminal will prompt you for a PIN which is not available with the gift card.
- How can I add funds to my card?
Gift cards are disposable, one-time-use cards. Therefore, additional funds cannot be added to the card.
- Why was my card declined?
- There could be several reasons the transaction was declined.
- Please ensure the merchant accepts MasterCard.
- The merchant must choose “credit” to complete the transaction. Please ensure the merchant did not choose “debit” or “gift.”
- The merchant attempted to process the purchase for an amount greater than the availability of funds on the card. You must alert the merchant to the amount remaining on the gift card if the purchase is greater than that amount.
- What is a split tender transaction and how does it work?
If you wish to use your gift card to purchase an item for more than the available funds, you can use your gift card toward a portion of the final purchase price, and then use another form of payment to pay the remaining balance. This is called a “split tender” transaction. Before you request a “split tender” transaction, you will need to know your card value. We do not guarantee the merchant will accept two forms of payment.
- Can my purchase be greater than the amount of funds on my gift card?
Yes, you may use your gift card in addition to another form of payment to satisfy the total cost of your purchase. In order to do this, you must provide the merchant with the available balance left on the gift card.
- Can I use my gift card at restaurants?
Yes, you may use your gift card at a restaurant just as you do at any other merchant. However, it is common for service-oriented merchants to automatically factor in an additional percentage (often, up to 20 percent over the purchase price) to cover any gratuity you may leave on the card. You should ensure that your card has an available balance that is 20 percent greater than your total bill.
- Can I use my card at hotels and car rental agencies?
Yes, but car rental agencies and hotels often automatically factor in an additional percentage to cover incidental charges you may incur. This amount can vary based on the company. To prevent a decline, please check with the company to determine their policy.
- Can I use my card to pay at the gas pump?
Yes, however an automatic authorization of $75 will be applied to your account and may not be corrected for several days. To prevent this automatic authorization you may pay at the register inside the gas station.
- Can I use my card in a foreign country?
No, your gift card is only accepted in the United States and its territories.
- What are the benefits of registering my card and how do I do it?
Registering your card will provide the additional security required to allow you to check your card balance, view transaction history, request a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen and use your card for phone and internet purchases. Just visit myprepaidbalance.com and create a profile by adding your gift card number and editing your registered user name.
- How can I check the balance left on my gift card?
You may obtain your current balance and a complete transaction list by visiting myprepaidbalance.com or by calling customer service at the phone number listed on the back of your gift card. The website may not factor in authorizations that are still pending.
- What if my gift card is lost or stolen?
If your gift card is lost or stolen, contact 1-866-496-6183 as soon as possible to request a replacement card. There will be a $5 replacement fee deducted from the remaining balance of your gift card, and it could take up to 30 days to receive a replacement card.
- What is the minimum age to purchase a gift card?
There is no minimum age to purchase a gift card.
- Are there any fees associated with my gift card?
There is a $2.95 monthly inactivity fee after 12 consecutive months of inactivity and a $5.00 replacement fee for lost/stolen cards.
- What do I do if there is fraud on my card?
If you notice transactions on your account that were not made by you, contact customer service immediately using the phone number on the back of your gift card.
- How much does it cost to purchase an NBC Oklahoma gift card?
There is a $3.25 purchase fee for each gift card.
Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank™, Member FDIC, pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Enjoy a more secure way to carry money as you travel, the NBC reloadable travel card offers several different designs to choose from and can be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted.